sysctl is an interface that allows you to make changes to a running Linux kernel. With /etc/sysctl.conf you can configure various Linux networking and system settings such as:
Written on February 3, 2015
- Limit network-transmitted configuration for IPv4
- Limit network-transmitted configuration for IPv6
- Turn on execshield protection
- Prevent against the common
syn flood attack
- Turn on source IP address verification
- Prevents a cracker from using a spoofing attack against the IP address of the server.
- Logs several types of suspicious packets, such as spoofed packets, source-routed packets, and redirects.
linux webserver ftp-server kernel sysctl performance tuning